We are seeking to add a Project Manager to our growing and talented Design-Build Company. This position requires the individual to be highly organized, process driven and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This person will be an integral member of our construction team coordinating all aspects of construction for a 110 year old, fourth generation, family owned, design-build firm with a stellar reputation. We are the best at what we do, work hard, enjoy our work and treat people right. We expect future team members in this position to own the desired skills in order to be successful and best represent our company as a leader in quality and service.
Ideal Skill Set
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Great communicator
- Extremely organized
- Thorough understanding of construction details
- Superb client relations skills
- Team oriented
- Negotiation skills
- Highly motivated
- Excellent problem solving skills
Objectives of this Role
Plan, coordinate, and manage all phases of construction from start to finish. This position involves tasks such as monitoring the construction process to ensure the project is completed on time and kept to a specific budget through negotiating subcontractor bids.
- Directly responsible for profit/loss, creating and meeting project schedule, and job cost control/adherence
- Meets project deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously
- Review and coordinate project plans and specifications
- Coordinate with staff on Interior Designs, Furniture, Branding and Technology
- Oversee Superintendent’s daily responsibilities
- Issue all subcontracts and client change orders
- Communicate directly with all parties through duration of project including architect, engineers and clients
- Handle all daily client communications, ensuring client understanding and satisfaction
- Communicate effectively with client to identify needs and evaluate solutions
- Conduct on site meetings to review phase progress and ensure timely follow through
- Conduct client job meetings to review phase progress and ensure timely follow through
- Locate, qualify and negotiate contracts for all subcontractors on the project
- Approve all requests for subcontractor payments
- Prepare, monitor and update project CPM schedules
- Ensure safety by having a full understanding of all OSHA requirements
- Guarantee overall quality and workmanship
- Work with team to complete construction
- Follow company policies and standards
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years’ experience in commercial construction project management
- Thorough understanding of design-build construction including scheduling, estimating, permitting, budgets and reporting
- Excellent client relations management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office, etc.)
- Willingness to travel to job sites in various states with overnight stays required
- Current knowledge of industry trends, technology, codes and regulations
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in all stages of construction: Plan Review, Bidding, Scheduling, Construction Documentation, and Overall Project Management.
To apply or for more information please email email@example.com or call 412-963-0100.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, promoting a cooperative, team-oriented environment and empowering all employees to deliver the best in quality service for our clients.