Achieving operational excellence and having the correct amount of space to do so are becoming increasingly important. Whether your institution is expanding due to mergers and acquisitions or strictly through organic growth, many times operational efficiencies and productivity get lost in the shuffle. And when you add increased outsourcing and technological advancements into the mix, the operational landscape changes significantly. Here are some telltale signs you might need more space:
- No place for a new hire
- Operating departments are under more than one roof or are in multiple areas of the building
- You are on a growth path due to mergers/acquisitions
- You are adding retail branches
- Departments are not operating efficiently together due to lack of space or location
- You have built two or more additions and still need space
- You have trouble attracting and/or retaining quality employees due to a poor work enviornment
“PWCampbell transformed our existing structure and adjacent building into a beautiful, spacious building that has become an icon within the community and a great place for our customers and employees. And, more importantly, because of their vast knowledge of the financial industry, they were able to achieve this while enabling us to stay open for business so that we could continue providing excellent service to our customers throughout the entire process” – Dean Keller, President & CEO, FNB of Sycamore
Operations Space Considerations:
- Determine the existing number of people and current square footage including conference and work areas.
- Project number of additional employees for the next 2-5-10 years and determine total square footage needed.
- Consider reduction of paper, use of technology, outsourcing and new products/services.
- Have you exhausted the capabilities of your existing site/building?
- Do you want your space to be open, engaging and a tool for recruiting and retaining employees?
- Can you afford it?
Deliverables provided when you team with PWCampbell:
- Site Plan
- Floor Plan
- Space Planning Survey & Findings (pros and cons comparison)
- Branding and Merchandising Plan
- Project Schedule
- Break-Even Analysis