We are seeking to add a senior level Estimator to our growing and talented Company. This person will be an integral member of our team, preparing bid documents for a 112-year-old, fourth generation, design-build firm with a stellar reputation.
We are the best at what we do, work hard, enjoy our work, and treat people right. You will have the opportunity to make an impact while still enjoying a great work-life balance. Our family-owned company understands the importance of having a life outside of work – if you’re tired of spending most of your waking hours at work, this is the place for you.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits package, plus a generous signing bonus.
Ideal Skill Set
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Great communicator
- Extremely organized
- Independent decision maker
- Experience and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Team oriented
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to build bid packages
Objectives of this Role
Develop accurate and timely bids and estimates by securing subcontractor bids for a variety of commercial construction projects.
- Leadership ability to develop the department and future team members
- Coordinate corporate estimating functions
- Solicit bids from Subcontractors and Suppliers for work packages to maximize competitive pricing
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work
- Ability to negotiate with subcontractors to meet budgets and timelines
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, estimating software, cost control and material pricing
- Knowledge of procedures for construction and ability to read and understand construction documents
- Understanding of building materials and construction methods
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with subcontractors as well as material and equipment suppliers
- Follow-up with bidders to confirm receipt of proposal and inquire about our bid status
- Support bid day related tasks
- Work with Project Managers to finalize project buyouts
- Set-up projects in the company database. Maintain database for each project in support of Estimating and Operations department needs
- Responsible for the upkeep and organization of electronic and hard copy project files
- Initiates and participates in meetings with subcontractors and suppliers
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other departments and organizations
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Performs additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or similar field is desirable. An estimator with field experience and a working knowledge of construction estimating would also earn consideration.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Commercial Construction Estimation
- No travel required
- Thorough understanding of estimating and bid procurement
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office, etc.)
- Current knowledge of industry trends, technology, codes and regulations
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
To apply or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-963-0100.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, promoting a cooperative, team-oriented environment and empowering all employees to deliver the best in quality service for our clients.