We are seeking to add a Residential Superintendent to our growing and talented Company. This position requires the individual to be highly organized, safety minded and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This person will be an integral member of our construction team coordinating all aspects of onsite construction for a 111 year old, fourth generation, family owned firm with a stellar reputation. We are the best at what we do, work hard, enjoy our work and treat people right. We expect future team members in this position to own the desired skills to be successful and best represent our company as a leader in quality and service.
Ideal Skill Set
- Manage multiple deadlines and fast-paced schedule
- Great communicator
- Extremely organized
- Detailed understanding of residential construction documents
- Superb client relations skills
- Team oriented
- Operate safe job sites
- Highly motivated
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Objectives of this Role
Manages day-to-day construction operations which includes building and renovating for the fully custom residential industry. Effectively communicate and support clients, project team, subcontractors and even pick up tools if needed.
- Read and interpret job specs and plans to ensure a quality project is completed on time and within budget
- Review and coordinate project plans and specifications at the job site
- Conduct inventories of materials, anticipates needs and requirements and continually coordinates with the project manager for uninterrupted flow of materials to maintain the work schedule
- Sole person in supervision over the subcontractors
- Uphold the project to schedule and budget
- Permit supervision including scheduling inspections and meeting with inspectors on site
- Create work logs daily
- Coordinate with Architects, Interior Designers and client representatives
- Communicate directly with all parties through duration of project including architect, engineers and clients
- With project manager, host on site meetings to review phase progress and ensure timely follow through
- Handle daily client communications, ensuring client understanding and satisfaction
- Communicate effectively with client and project manager to identify needs and evaluate solutions
- Ensure safety by having a full understanding of all code, safety and COVID-19 requirements and compliance
- Guarantee overall quality and workmanship
- Work with team to complete construction
- Follow company policies and standards
- 10-15 years’ experience as a superintendent in fully custom residential construction.
- Thorough understanding of construction including scheduling, permitting, budgets, safety and reporting
- Experience in all stages of residential building construction
- Be equally comfortable leading all scale of projects, from renovations, additions to large new builds
- Excellent client relations management
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a good motor vehicle record
- Ability to lead and supervise
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office, etc.)
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service
To apply or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-963-0100.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, promoting a cooperative, team-oriented environment and empowering all employees to deliver the best in quality service for our clients.