PWCampbell, a 112-year-old leading design-build and retail branding firm has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer. This position will work with our Preconstruction, Estimating, and Construction departments to facilitate activities in all stages of a project.
This position offers you the chance to learn multiple phases of a construction project and a provides a great opportunity for advancement.
At our fourth-generation, family-owned company, we are committed to employee enrichment and growth and believe that your job should be more than just a way to make a living. We offer a great working environment, competitive salaries, and excellent benefits.
Ideal Skill Set
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Great communicator
- Extremely organized
- Independent decision maker
- Experience and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Team oriented
- Negotiation skills
- Highly motivated
Objectives of this Role
Participate with Preconstruction and Construction departments to assist in phases of a construction project proficiently and effectively. These responsibilities include estimating, preconstruction and/or construction management functions. Your unique skill set will determine where you are best suited to work with our growing teams.
- Issue contracts for material and labor
- Review shop drawings
- Review and approve pay applications
- Assist in all phases of construction management
- Obtain bids from subcontractors
- Review sub scope of work
- Update cost database
- Solicit proposals for engineering services
- Research local permit requirements
- Coordinate local municipal submissions
- Set up projects in the company database. Maintain database for each project to support departmental needs
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard copy project files
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other departments and organizations
- Perform additional duties as required
- Engineering degree plus 1-3 years’ experience
- Knowledge of procedures for construction and ability to read and understand construction documents
- Understanding of building materials and construction methods
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office, etc.)
- Current knowledge of industry trends, technology, codes, and regulations
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional travel with some overnight stays
To apply or for more information please email email@example.com or call 412-963-0100.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, promoting a cooperative, team-oriented environment and empowering all employees to deliver the best in quality service for our clients.