We are seeking to add a Preconstruction Representative to our growing company. You will be an integral part of the team for our 111-year-old, fourth generation, family owned, design-build firm with a stellar reputation for quality construction and treating customers and employees the right way. We are the best at what we do, work hard, enjoy our work and treat people right. We expect future team members in this position to possess the desired skills in order to be successful and best represent our company.
Ideal Skill Set
- Adept at maintaining client relationships
- Highly organized
- Ability to learn quickly
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Objectives of this Role
The primary emphasis of this position is to provide technical expertise to our clients and Sales team, coordinate design of site and building layouts, and transition the project to the Construction Department for our clients in the financial services industry.
- Determine facility needs for financial clients
- Prepare Good Faith Estimate deliverables and hold internal review meetings
- Present client with final GFE and site information
- Participate in client meetings throughout the process to review drawings
- Along with the Project Designer, act as a liaison for the client between the design and construction phases
- Conduct site investigations and subcontract subsurface investigations
- Coordinate and attend town meetings for permit procurement for each assigned project
- Coordinate site-related engineers and environmental consultants
- Coordinate and design site layouts
- Hire and coordinate site surveyors
- Coordinate utility companies and tie-ins
- Coordinate internal estimating and furniture, Retail Branding and Digital Technology pricing
- Review all site-related drawings during design and CD phases
This position is highly visible, requiring significant interaction with clients and internal Design and Construction teams.
This position requires travel. Estimated travel is eight-ten days per month; overnight stays are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field, plus 5-7 years’ experience in a related position on the Construction industry
- Ability to review Architectural and Construction drawings and a thorough understanding of the design-build process
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Above average organizational and negotiating skills
To apply or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-963-0100.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, promoting a cooperative, team-oriented environment and empowering all employees to deliver the best in quality service for our clients.