We are seeking to add an Assistant Estimator to our growing and talented Design-Build Company. This position requires the individual to be highly organized, detail oriented and construction minded. This person will be an integral member of our team preparing bid documents for a 111 year old, fourth generation, family owned, design-build firm with a stellar reputation. We are the best at what we do, work hard, enjoy our work and treat people right. We expect future team members in this position to own the desired skills in order to be successful and best represent our company as a leader in quality and service.
Ideal Skill Set
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Great communicator
- Extremely organized
- Independent decision maker
- Experience and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Team oriented
- Negotiation skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to build bid packages
Objectives of this Role
Develop accurate and timely bid documents by securing subcontractor bids for a variety of commercial construction projects.
- Solicit bids from Subcontractors and Suppliers for work packages to maximize competitive pricing
- Assists in coordination of overall corporate estimating functions.
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work General knowledge of estimating techniques, estimating software, cost control and material pricing
- Knowledge of procedures for construction and ability to read and understand construction documents
- Understanding of building materials and construction methods
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with subcontractors as well as material and equipment suppliers
- Meet daily with the Director, Commercial Construction to review tasks and priorities for the day and status of pending work items
- Follow-up with bidders to confirm receipt of proposal and inquire about our bid status
- Support bid day related tasks
- Set-up projects in the company database. Maintain database for each project in support of Estimating and Operations department needs
- Responsible for the upkeep and organization of electronic and hard copy project files
- Initiates and participates in meetings with subcontractors and suppliers
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other departments and organizations
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Performs additional duties as required
- Engineering degree plus 2-3 years experience
- Thorough understanding of estimating and bid procurement
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office, etc.)
- Confident in Plan Swift
- Capability in MC2 a plus
- Current knowledge of industry trends, technology, codes and regulations
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
To apply or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-963-0100.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, promoting a cooperative, team-oriented environment and empowering all employees to deliver the best in quality service for our clients.